How do you paint a stone window sill?
Beside this, what paint do I use for window sills?
Gloss or semi-gloss acrylic or latex enamel paints are perfect, as they level out into a smooth, professional-looking surface. Once the paint has dried, apply a second coat if necessary. Remove the painter's tape and enjoy your good-as-new window sill!
Furthermore, how do you paint a wood window sill white?
- Clean the window sill with a trisodium phosphate (TSP) cleaning product and a rag.
- Sand the wooden sill with 220-grit sandpaper.
- Wipe away the sanding dust with a moist rag.
- Use painter's tape to protect the nearby window frame.
- Apply a stain-blocking primer to the wood window sill using a paintbrush.
Moreover, how do you paint a masonry window sill?
Before starting work lay a dust sheet under the window sill. 2 Remove any flaking paint using a wire brush or rough grit sandpaper. Wipe away any dust with a cloth or brush. 3 If there's any mould or moss remove as much as possible by scraping and brushing before treating with a fungicidal wash.
What is the best paint for exterior windows?
Here is the best exterior paint you can buy:
- Best overall: Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior Paint and Primer in One.
- Best for siding: KILZ Exterior Siding, Fence, and Barn Paint.
- Best for wood: Rust-Oleum Zinsser PermaWhite Exterior Paint.
- Best for brick: Glidden Premium Semi-Gloss Latex Exterior Paint.