How do you make coasters with tiles and Sharpies?
- Wipe the tile clean with a damp cloth.
- Colour the tile with the Sharpies with bold and contrasting colours.
- Using an eye dropper, carefully drop the rubbing alcohol onto the coloured tile.
- Allow the tile to dry for at least 40 minutes.
In respect to this, how do you make coasters with Sharpies?
What You'll Need
- What You'll Need.
- Affix a stencil to each tile with a few pieces of painter's tape.
- Color in each stencil.
- Soak a clean cotton cloth in rubbing alcohol, then wring it out.
- Spray each tile with a clear acrylic sealer, and let dry.
- Place self-stick felt circles on the back corners of each tile.
Similarly, how do you decorate tile coasters? Instructions:
- Gather your supplies.
- Make sure your tile is free of dust and dirt.
- Cut scrapbook paper (book pages, wrapping paper – whatever you're using to decorate your tile coasters) into 4″ x 4″ squares.
- Cut felt into 4″x4″ squares.
- Apply Mod Podge to the ceramic tile using a small paintbrush or sponge brush.
Similarly, you may ask, how do you seal Sharpie on tile?
Decoupage medium seals it, or use a spray-on polyurethane sealer. Baking the piece is also an option if you haven't used alcohol on the tile. Allow the Sharpie to dry on the tile for a day or two to help the ink set, then bake the tile in a preheated 250-degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
Can you use rubbing alcohol on ceramic tile?
Ceramic tiles can almost always be cleaned with just a damp mop but, for dirty grout, add two tablespoons of rubbing alcohol to each gallon of water before mopping. Wipe up any excess water to avoid saturating the grout. Instead, add some mild dish soap to your mop water.