How do you make a tote bag from a feed bag?
- Step 1: Clean Out a Bag. 2 More Images. Lay your bag out flat on the table.
- Step 2: Sewing the Top. Turn bag right-side out. Cut two 3 1/2" strips from around the top of the bag.
- Step 3: Yay! The finished bag. Green Living & Technology Challenge.
- 3 People Made This Project! WilliamW199 made it!
- 65 Discussions. LeFleche.
In this regard, how do you make a tote from a feed bag?
DIY Chicken Feed Sack Tote
- Supplies. Sewing machine.
- Step 1: Cutting the Bag. Open the bottom of the bag, lay it flat and–using the rotary cutter, ruler and mat–cut off the bottom 8 1/2 inches of the bag (right below the sun on the front of the Purina bag).
- Step 2: Sew the Bottom Seam.
One may also ask, what are feed bags made out of? Feed sacks were initially made of heavy canvas, and were used to obtain flour, sugar, meal, grain, salt and feed from the mills.
Similarly, you may ask, how do you make a tote bag out of a dog food bag?
- Get any size dry dog or cat food bag.
- Cut the top off and empty.
- Turn bag inside out.
- Cut both ends so they measure equally.
- Fold about an inch over inward and make a crease all around top of tote.
- Sew or apply duct tape all around top edge.
What can I do with empty feed bags?
Upcycle Your Feed Sacks
- Eliminate travel mess. Put your filled hay net into an empty feed sack for transport, keeping hay leaves off your tack-area floor.
- Keep hay out of your clothes.
- Make a feed-bucket cover.
- Make a water-bucket cover.
- Protect surfaces.
- Sort and store stable blankets.
- Set up an instant trash can.
- Cover your dog's mattress.