How do you make a half sphere in Solidworks?
- Select a sketch plane (such as the Front Plane)
- Sketch a semicircle.
- Go to the Features tab on the CommandManager. Select“Revolve Boss/Bass”
- Select the line in the semicircle as the axis of revolution.Specify your revolution amount, then press the green check togenerate the sphere.
Click to see full answer
Regarding this, how do you make a semi sphere in SolidWorks?
Creating a Solid Sphere
- Create a new sketch.
- Draw a circle with a line intersecting it directly through thecentre point.
- Trim one side of the circle away, leaving the central sketchline as solid.
- Create a Revolve Boss/Base.
- Direction Angle should be set to 360°
- Accept the feature.
Beside above, how do you make a dome in SolidWorks 2018? To create a dome: Click Dome on theFeatures toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Dome.Select one or more planar or non-planar faces. Set a value for thedistance by which the dome expands.
Moreover, how do you make a sphere in Solid Edge?
How to make a sphere in Solid Edge
- Step 1: Click "Revolve"
- Step 2: Select the plane.
- Step 3: Sketch a circle and a vertical line.
- Step 4: Trim these parts.
- Step 5: Click on "Axis of Revolution" and select the verticalline.
- Step 6: Close Sketch.
- Step 7: Click "Revolve 360°"
- Step 8: Click "Finish"
How do you trim in SolidWorks?
To trim with the Power trim option:
- Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Click Trim Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools> Trim.
- In the PropertyManager, under Options, select Power trim .
- Click in the graphics area next to the first entity, and dragacross the sketch entity to trim.