How do you make a half sphere in Solidworks?
- Select a sketch plane (such as the Front Plane)
- Sketch a semicircle.
- Go to the Features tab on the CommandManager. Select“Revolve Boss/Bass”
- Select the line in the semicircle as the axis of revolution.Specify your revolution amount, then press the green check togenerate the sphere.
Simply so, how do you make a semi sphere in SolidWorks?
Creating a Solid Sphere
- Create a new sketch.
- Draw a circle with a line intersecting it directly through thecentre point.
- Trim one side of the circle away, leaving the central sketchline as solid.
- Create a Revolve Boss/Base.
- Direction Angle should be set to 360°
- Accept the feature.
Similarly, how do you make a dome in SolidWorks 2018? To create a dome: Click Dome on theFeatures toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Dome.Select one or more planar or non-planar faces. Set a value for thedistance by which the dome expands.
Also to know is, how do you make a sphere in Solid Edge?
How to make a sphere in Solid Edge
- Step 1: Click "Revolve"
- Step 2: Select the plane.
- Step 3: Sketch a circle and a vertical line.
- Step 4: Trim these parts.
- Step 5: Click on "Axis of Revolution" and select the verticalline.
- Step 6: Close Sketch.
- Step 7: Click "Revolve 360°"
- Step 8: Click "Finish"
How do you trim in SolidWorks?
To trim with the Power trim option:
- Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Click Trim Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools> Trim.
- In the PropertyManager, under Options, select Power trim .
- Click in the graphics area next to the first entity, and dragacross the sketch entity to trim.