How do you light a peerless gas boiler?
- Match-Lit Pilot.
- Sniff all around the Peerless heater to see if you detect the odor of gas.
- Set the thermostat on the Peerless heater to its lowest temperature.
- Look for the gas control assembly.
- Turn the manual shutoff knob to the "Off" position, and then wait five minutes for any gas to clear the heater.
Keeping this in consideration, how do you start a pilot light on a boiler?
Manual Boiler Pilot Light Ignition
- Turn the gas control knob to the "off" position and set the thermostat in your house to the lowest setting.
- Remove the access panel to gain access to the pilot light.
- Peer into the access hole and look for the pilot light orifice; use a flashlight to make a positive identification.
Also Know, how do I start my boiler?
The Boiler Startup
- Check all valves and place in their startup position.
- Open the sight gauge and water column high- and low-water shut-off valves.
- Close the bottom blowdown valves, then open the upper drum vent valves.
- Start filling with soft water.
The worry here is that when a pilot goes out, the gas valve that supplies the fuel for the pilot flame could still be pumping gas. This can mean a buildup of gas, and when the pilot is relit or relights itself it could result in a very serious explosion.