How do you light a peerless gas boiler?
- Match-Lit Pilot.
- Sniff all around the Peerless heater to see if you detect the odor of gas.
- Set the thermostat on the Peerless heater to its lowest temperature.
- Look for the gas control assembly.
- Turn the manual shutoff knob to the "Off" position, and then wait five minutes for any gas to clear the heater.
Keeping this in consideration, how do you start a pilot light on a boiler?
Manual Boiler Pilot Light Ignition
- Turn the gas control knob to the "off" position and set the thermostat in your house to the lowest setting.
- Remove the access panel to gain access to the pilot light.
- Peer into the access hole and look for the pilot light orifice; use a flashlight to make a positive identification.
Furthermore, why is my boiler not igniting? Burner won't ignite: This is the most common cause of a boiler failing to provide heat. If the gas jets on the burner will not ignite, no heat will warm up the water in the tank. The trouble may be due to a failed electronic igniter/pilot light, or perhaps trouble in the gas line.
Also Know, how do I start my boiler?
The Boiler Startup
- Check all valves and place in their startup position.
- Open the sight gauge and water column high- and low-water shut-off valves.
- Close the bottom blowdown valves, then open the upper drum vent valves.
- Start filling with soft water.
Is it dangerous if the pilot light goes out?
The worry here is that when a pilot goes out, the gas valve that supplies the fuel for the pilot flame could still be pumping gas. This can mean a buildup of gas, and when the pilot is relit or relights itself it could result in a very serious explosion.