How do you level a deck on a MTD lawn mower?
- Move your MTD riding mower to a level surface.
- Look for the two levers to the right of the riding mower seat.
- Slide the deck lever toward the seat to disengage the lever from the slots along the right side of the lever opening.
- Look on the front of the MTD mower engine for the sparkplug.
Also asked, how do you adjust a Yardman mower deck?
Move to the left side of the deck, and locate the adjustable lift link, which is on a bracket toward the front of the mower deck and has an adjustable nut under a bracket flange. Turn the adjusting nut clockwise to raise the deck on the left side with a wrench, or counterclockwise to lower the left side of the deck.
Likewise, how do you adjust the belt on a MTD riding lawn mower?
- Step 1: Position the mower to change the lawn mower belt.
- Step 2: Check the engine temperature before replacing the lawn mower belt.
- Step 3: Detach the spark plug wire.
- Step 4: Remove the cutting deck and battery.
- Step 5: Loosen the transaxle pulley.
- Step 6: Relieve tension on the upper drive belt.
Beside above, why does my mower deck cut uneven?
The blade belt spins the blades to cut the grass. A worn or broken drive belt won't spin the cutting blades so your mower won't cut the grass. A worn blade belt can also cause mower deck vibration or uneven cuts. Examine the blade belt regularly and replace it if it's worn or broken.
Why does my mower deck shake?
If the mower vibrates when you engage the cutting blades, there might be a problem with the blade drive system. Deck vibration can be caused by an unbalanced blade, worn pulley or mandrel, bad blade belt or debris caught inside a pulley. Loose nuts or bolts on the pulleys, mandrels or blades can also cause vibration.