How do you keep a blanket from making baby clothes?
Click to see full answer
Similarly, you may ask, how do you make a blanket out of clothing?
- Use a rotary cutter and a self-healing cutting mat (or scissors) and the clear ruler to measure and cut squares of fabric for patchwork.
- Pin squares together to form rows, then sew.
- Lay the patchwork onto the batting, leaving 3 inches of excess batting on every side.
Subsequently, question is, how do you make a blanket out of a baby onesie? First take a scissor and cut out as much of the flat area of the article that you want to use on the quilt. Place a iron-on fusing over the this piece and press it for several seconds. Next lay this piece on your cutting board and using a rotary cutter, cut them into a square or rectangular piece.
Also Know, how do you make a onesie blanket?
2|| Cut. Cut. and Cut.
- Trim your onesies. Remove the seams, collars, sleeves, zippers, snaps, etc.
- Cut out the square size needed from your interfacing.
- Iron the interfacing to the wrong side of your onesie fabric.
- Cut the onesie down to the square size needed using your interfacing square as a guide.
What do I need to make a memory blanket?
Basic Sewing Supplies to Make a Memory Quilt
- Basic Sewing Machine.
- Thread to match your fabric (I usually grab a color that matches the lightest fabric in the quilt)
- Memory Fabric.
- Batting – you probably want to pick a low-loft batting.
- Cutting Mat.
- Rotary Cutter.
- Straight Pins.