How do you install a rectangular duct reducer?
Keeping this in consideration, how do you install a return air duct?
How to Install a Return Air Duct
- Locate where you want your return air ducts.
- Go into the basement and locate the holes.
- Install the square return air duct perpendicular to the joists.
- Cut a hole in the bottom of the return duct next to where the furnace is.
- Install your HVAC filter into your filter rack.
Beside above, what is an S cleat? These cleats are sleeves of galvanize steel that help to securely assemble the top and bottom ( "S") and left and right sides (Drive) of rectangular duct runs. "S" cleats are used to connect the long side of the duct, while Drive cleats are used to connect the short side.
Accordingly, how do you install dampers in existing ductwork?
Open up the duct work, and drill two holes on opposite edges of the tube. These holes should line up with the pre-drilled holes on the damper. Remove the fasteners from the damper, connect it to the duct through these holes and into the drilled holes, and tighten. Then, seal both sides with duct tape.
How do you offset a square duct?
How to Make a Ductwork Offset
- Step 1: Measure the Offset Distance. Place a straightedge on the obstacle and extend it in the direction of the straight run of ductwork, parallel to it.
- Step 2: Measure the Offset Length.
- Step 3: Calculate the Offset Angle.
- Step 4: Prepare the Offset Duct.
- Step 5: Cut the Angles.
- Step 6: Connect the Offset.