How do you hold a fiddle?
Also to know is, how do you hold a violin or fiddle?
Some untrained fiddlers may not hold the instrument firmly between the chin and shoulder, and instead rest the instrument on their chest. This greatly reduces the playability of the instrument and is never seen in violin performance.
Also, how do you rosin a bow? Method 2 Applying Rosin to a New Bow
- Tighten the bow.
- Hold the rosin in your left hand and the bow in your right hand.
- Stroke the bow all the way across the rosin.
- Repeat for 20 full strokes.
- Play the instrument and listen for a full sound.
- Stroke the rosin 20 more times.
Keeping this in consideration, how can I be a good fiddle player?
- Sing everything before you play. Stop in the middle of playing and continue singing.
- Play the same song in many different keys.
- Play the same song in different modes (major, minor, Dorian, Mixolydian).
- Practice using different bow strokes: long, short, choppy, smooth.
- Breathe deep and stay relaxed.
Is fiddle harder than violin?
In general I would say classical violin is harder to learn than fiddling. And I don't mean to put one before the other. But in classical violin thare are way more techniques available to learn and each time period has to be played differently.