How do you hang a hand fan?
Simply so, how do you fix Japanese wall fans?
How to Display Japanese Fans on a Wall
- Open the fan fully and hold it in the desired position on the wall.
- Mark the location of the bottom of the fan in four places, two within an inch of the outside of the fan and two within an inch of the pivot point.
- Gently hammer a small nail or brad into the marks.
Also, how do you hang a large oriental fan? Open the fan and place it against the wall where you have chosen to hang it. Experiment with positioning until you are satisfied with how it looks in the space. Mark the wall directly beneath the bottom hinge of the fan with a small pencil dot. Do the same at the halfway point up the supports on either side of the fan.
Beside this, how do Japanese open their fans?
When using a fan, it is important to do so in a leisurely, fluid way, so as to amplify its beauty. To open the fan, push the sticks with your left thumb so as to stagger them open. To open the fan, push the sticks with your left thumb? The last 1–3 sticks should be left closed, however.
How do you keep a Chinese fan open?
- Hold the fan in your hand in a closed position. Make sure the part that will slide open is facing downwards.
- Flick your wrist with enough force.
- Move your hand up to cover your face and flutter it swiftly and gently.
- Avoid fluttering it hard; it's not the purpose of using a fan.