How do you get GERD?
Keeping this in consideration, is GERD curable or not?
Introduction to GERD Although common, the disease often is unrecognized – its symptoms misunderstood. This is unfortunate because GERD is generally a treatable disease, though serious complications can result if it is not treated properly.
Subsequently, question is, what is GERD and the symptoms? Heartburn, also called acid indigestion, is the most common symptom of GERD and usually feels like a burning chest pain beginning behind the breastbone and moving upward to the neck and throat. Many people say it feels like food is coming back into the mouth leaving an acid or bitter taste.
In respect to this, what are the symptoms of GERD in adults?
- Frequent heartburn, a burning feeling in your chest or throat.
- Regurgitating food or stomach contents.
- Sore throat.
- Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
- Feeling like there's a lump in your throat.
- Damaged teeth from stomach acid.
- Chest pain.
- Bad breath.
How do you fix GERD?
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Stop smoking.
- Elevate the head of your bed.
- Don't lie down after a meal.
- Eat food slowly and chew thoroughly.
- Avoid foods and drinks that trigger reflux.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothing.