How do you fasten burlap?
Similarly, you may ask, how do you secure burlap around trees?
- Loosely wrap burlap all the way around the tree, from the lowest branches to slightly above the highest peak.
- Pin the burlap temporarily, cut from the spool and remove pins.
- To secure, use twine to tie the top, middle and bottom of the tree.
Then, how do you attach a burlap to arborvitae?
Young shrubs require protection from snow during the winter.
- Drape the burlap over the arborvitae and draw a line around the burlap approximately 6 inches off the ground.
- Cut the burlap to size with a pair of scissors.
- Drape the burlap over the arborvitae and gather the ends together around the trunk of the shrub.
"The proper method for wrapping a cedar is in fact to NOT wrap it, but rather set up a protective barrier or perimeter using wooden stakes and burlap. The burlap takes the brunt of the cold wind that harms the cedar in the winter.