How do you do a perfect load of laundry?
- Read the Labels. Check the care labels on your garments and linens.
- Sort. Start by sorting the laundry by color:
- Sort Again. Sort each pile one more time by type of fabric.
- Pick a Detergent. Select an all-purpose laundry detergent.
- Pick a Water Temperature and Cycle.
- Final Check.
- Load the Washer.
- Unload the Washer.
Subsequently, one may also ask, what are the 7 steps to washing clothes in a washing machine?
Washing Laundry in a washing machine
- Step 1 Prepare clothes for wash.
- Step 2 Remove dried dirt from clothes.
- Step 3 Treat stains.
- Step 4 Sort the garments.
- Step 5 Set Water temperature and the cycle.
- Step 6 Detergent.
- Step 7 Washing.
- Step 8 Dry.
Likewise, should I wash towels in hot water? Wash Towels Often The best way to wash towels is with warm water and color-safe bleach (if needed) for colored towels. Use hot water and nonchlorine bleach (if needed) for white towels. White towels should be washed separately or with other white items to avoid subtle discoloration over time.
Keeping this in consideration, how do I keep my laundry up if I work?
- Use a Divided Laundry Sorter with Color-Coded Tags for Kids.
- Throw Loads in Throughout the Week.
- Don't Use Hampers In Kids' Rooms–Rooms Stay Neater and You Can Keep a Handle on the Laundry.
- Use a Lost Socks Rack or Have a System.
- Use an Over-the-Door Hanging Rod to Drip-Dry Even the Longest Things.
What time is it best to do laundry?
- Try washing before 4 p.m. or after 7 p.m. – Many energy companies charge extra for electricity during their “peak hours,” which see increased energy usage.
- During the summer, run your washer early in the morning – energy use peaks on hot afternoons.