How do you cut fiberglass corrugated roofing?
- Set a length of fiberglass corrugated panel on a stable worktable.
- Pull a tape measure along the panel and place a mark on the panel with a pencil where you need to cut it.
- Hold the fiberglass roofing panel loosely with one hand to keep it stable during the cut.
Thereof, what is the best way to cut corrugated fiberglass panels?
Attach a carbide saw blade to a circular saw or multipurpose cutting tool. Cut along the straight line you drew on the roofing sheet. Smooth the cut edge, using an emery cloth. Repeat these steps for each corrugated plastic roofing sheet you need to cut.
- Cut the panels to the length. Most panels come up to 32 feet (9.8 m) in length.
- Pre-drill holes on the ridges. Some panels have pre-drilled holes.
- Install the panels.
- Screw down the panels.
- Complete the opposite side.
Considering this, what is the best way to cut polycarbonate roofing?
You can cut small amounts of polycarbonate panels with a box knife. Larger jobs should be cut with a circular saw, table saw or saber saw. In all cases, a fine-tooth blade is required. (Plywood/finish blade for circular saw / table saw, and a metal cutting blade for a saber saw.
The Best Ways to Cut Fiberglass Panels
- Router. If you choose to use a router to cut your panels, use a blade with a fine edge that will make clean and smooth edge cuts.
- Fiberglass Power Trimmer. A trimmer is lightweight and powerful, and it easily cuts through hard fiberglass, such as that used in paneling.
- Circular Saw.