How do you clean brass light fixtures?
- Dampen a cloth with warm water and wring it out.
- Wipe the brass light fixture thoroughly with the cloth to remove any dirt or residue.
- Dry the brass light fixture thoroughly with a clean cloth.
Likewise, people ask, how do you clean old brass light fixtures?
- Check to see if it's really brass.
- Squeeze half a lemon into your bowl.
- Add your baking soda.
- Stir the baking soda and lemon mix until it forms a delicious smelling paste.
- Use a soft cloth and apply the paste.
- Rinse off the paste and dry.
- When you're done, give the brass a really thorough rinse.
Accordingly, how do you clean tarnished brass?
Mix baking soda and salt with hot water and cover everything with it. The proportions are not crucial, but about 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of baking soda to 3 dl water should do the trick. Lightly tarnished objects should clean up in a few minutes, and you just rinse them of and dry them.
Let's begin with a cleaning tip: If you have some tarnished or corroded brass that you want to clean, an old brass candlestick for example, you can use Coca-Cola, or any other cola soft drink, and that brass will come clean.