How do you clean analytical balance?
- Carefully remove the balance pan, clean and replace it.
- Mop up any spilt liquids and brush any spilt chemicals from the weighing chamber.
- Remove dust from the exterior of the cabinet and clean up any spilt chemicals from the balance bench area.
Considering this, how do I clean my weighing balance?
- Use a small balance brush to gently sweep any residue from the balance.
- Moisten a thin wipe (like a Kimwipe) with purified water and carefully clean the pan and around the scales.
- Remove the pan to facilitate more thorough cleaning.
- If you've moved your scales and it has a leveling bubble, check it's centred.
Likewise, how accurate is an analytical balance? An analytical balance will measure the accuracy of 0.0001 to 0.00001g. If extream accuracy is not important a top-loading balance will work just fine in measuring the accuracy of 0.001g.
Then, how do you handle analytical balance?
RULES FOR ANALYTICAL BALANCES
- Close the balance door, while weighing an object, in order to prevent air currents from disturbing the reading.
- Only glass, ceramic, metal or plastic objects and containers should be placed in direct contact with the balance pan.
- Do not handle objects to be weighed with bare hands.
Why is it important to keep a balance clean?
A clean analytical or precision balance is the first step towards safe and accurate weighing. Cleaning increases user safety and reduces the risk of cross-contamination, and is the most important action to prolong instrument life.