How do you change the oil on a 2011 Subaru Forester?
- Getting Started.
- Open the Hood.
- Find Oil Drain. Locate the oil drain plug underneath the vehicle.
- Drain Oil. Set up the workspace, drain oil and replace plug.
- Find Oil Filter. Locate the oil filter.
- Remove Filter. Position drain pan and remove the oil filter.
- Replace Filter.
- Remove Oil Cap.
In respect to this, how do you change the oil in a Subaru Forester?
- Lift the front of the vehicle by driving the Forester onto a set of Rhino Ramps.
- Place your drain pan under the oil pan.
- Remove the 17mm oil drain plug.
- Drain the oil completely.
- Install a the drain plug and crush washer.
- Remove the oil filter using your favorite type of filter wrench.
Subsequently, question is, what type of oil does a 2011 Subaru Forester take? Synthetic Motor Oil
Consequently, how do you reset the oil life on a 2011 Subaru Forester?
Select the maintenance item (i.e. Engine Oil, Oil Filter) and pull the i/SET switch towards you. Change the next service date and interval with the Up and Down arrow and confirm by highlighting SET and pull the i/SET switch towards you. The reset is complete when the screen shows Setting Complete.
What kind of oil does a Subaru Forester take?
The recommended engine oil for the 2015 Subaru Forester 2.0XT models is a 5W-30 viscosity and synthetic oil. The recommended engine oil for the 2.5i models is a 0W-20 viscosity and synthetic oil.