How do you change the direction of an exhaust fan?
- Unplug the fan, or turn off the breaker that controls the fan.
- Remove the fan blade shroud from the fan housing to expose the motor.
- Locate the housing that covers the coils of wire.
- Locate the electrical wires that connect to each coil.
Correspondingly, how do I change the direction of my Hunter Fan?
The reverse function on a Hunter fan allows you to change the direction of the rotation on your ceiling fan.
- Press the "Reverse" button on the remote control of the ceiling fan to change the direction of the airflow.
- Turn the fan off.
- Slide the switch to the opposite side.
Likewise, can a bathroom fan be wired backwards?
You can manually change the direction of a vent fan. If your vent fan does not have a built-in switch to reverse the direction in which the fan's blades rotate, you can manually require the fan to run in a reverse polarity.
There should be arrows embossed in the fan's frame or printed on a sticker that indicates the direction of air flow and the direction that the fan blades spin. It is you who decides whether or not the fan is used as an intake fan or an exhaust fan based on which way you mount the fan onto the computer case.