How do you calibrate a Taylor Food Scale?
- Step 1 - Switch It On. Start off by switching on your digital scale.
- Step 2 - Refer to the Instruction Manual. Any digital scale will have a number of buttons, one of which is intended for calibrating it.
- Step 3 - Press the Button. At this point press the calibration button.
- Step 4 - Place the Calibration Weight.
In this regard, how do you calibrate a food scale?
How to Calibrate a Kitchen Scale at Home
- Clean the scale to remove any debris or other objects that may affect the weight.
- Set the scale on a level surface.
- Remove any other electronic equipment that may interfere with a digital scale.
- Set the scale to zero using the instructions for your model.
- Set the scale to read grams instead of ounces.
Also, what can I use to calibrate my digital scale 500g? A sealed bottle of cough syrup or 1/2 liter of water will fit the bill. Just do not open the bottle after it is weighed. Write the exact weight on it and adjust the scale calibration until the scale also says the bottle weighs what it weighed at the pharmacy.
Regarding this, how do I reset my Taylor Food Scale?
Press the tare button and the scale will reset to zero. If you want to weigh more than one food in the same bowl, add the food, hit tare, and the readout goes to zero. You can then weigh the additional foods in the same bowl, just getting the weight of that additional food.
What can I use to calibrate my scale?
Place a calibration weight, a U.S. coin, or household item on your scale. As long as you know the exact weight of the item, you can use it to calibrate the scale.