How do you brighten a brick fireplace?
Keeping this in view, how do you lighten a brick fireplace?
How to Lighten the Color of Indoor Brick
- It is important to first clean the brick. Since brick is porous, it can absorb a lot of dirt.
- In a paint pan, add some paint. The paint color will depend on the color of brick.
- Add water, a little at a time, to the paint.
- Soak the rag in plain water and wring out.
- Wash each individual brick lightly with the rag.
Secondly, how do you brighten a red brick fireplace? Vinegar and Water. Vinegar is a slightly acidic mixture that is commonly used for cleaning bricks, stones and grouts. Use a spray bottle or sponge to apply a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water to the fireplace. After it sits for a few minutes giving the acid a chance to work, scrub and sponge the fireplace clean.
Similarly, how do I brighten my fireplace?
12 Simple Tricks to Amp up the Light for Your Dark Fireplace
- Paint a strong contrast color.
- Lay sparkling tile over rough red brick.
- Spray paint the brass lining for a new pop.
- Paint outdated brick with a wash of grey.
- Make your own wainscotting with scraps.
- Cover a dark surface with light pallet planks.
How can I modernize my brick fireplace?
Learning to DIY: How to Update a Fireplace on a Budget
- Add a touch of paint. Gone are the days of design elements such as bold and bright red fireplaces and natural, oak-colored wall paneling and trim.
- Turn your brick to stone.
- Add a mantel.
- Think — and build — outside the box.
- Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize.