How do I update my Kindle via USB?
- Download the update to your computer, and then copy itto your Kindle using the USB cable.
- Disconnect your Kindle from your computer.
- Open the settings menu on your Kindle, and then open thedropdown menu. You should see an option labeled "Update yourKindle". Select it, and then confirm the update.
Furthermore, how do I manually update my Kindle software?
Do a manual update
- Go to this Amazon help page, find your device and click thelink in the neighboring column to download the update.
- Plug your Kindle into your computer.
- Eject your Kindle and disconnect the USB cord.
- On your Kindle, go to Menu > Update your Kindle.
Additionally, how do you update an old Kindle Fire? Part 2 Updating Kindle Fire
- Head to "Settings." Tap on the "Settings" icon at the top-rightcorner of the home screen.
- Select "Sync."
- Download your software.
- Connect your Kindle Fire to your computer.
- Transfer the software update.
- Disconnect your Kindle Fire.
- Update your kindle.
Thereof, how do I update my Kindle Touch?
From your computer, go to Kindle Touch SoftwareUpdates and download the applicable software updatefile.
Start the software update:
- From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
- Tap the Menu icon, and then tap Update Your Kindle.
- Tap OK to perform the update.
Why is update my Kindle greyed out?
If the option is greyed out, that meansyour either up-to-date already or the file did not transferproperly. Your Kindle Fire will restart twice during theupdate, and when finished you'll be on version6.3.