How do I trace SQL Profiler?
Click to see full answer
Also asked, how do I capture a SQL Profiler trace?
How to capture deadlocks using SQL Server Profiler:
- Click on Tools.
- Click on SQL Server Profiler.
- Connect to the server on which we need to perform profiling.
- On the Trace Properties window, under General tab, select the blank template.
- On the Events Selection tab, select Deadlock graph under Locks leaf.
Secondly, how do you trace in SQL? To create a trace
- On the File menu, click New Trace, and connect to an instance of SQL Server.
- In the Trace name box, type a name for the trace.
- In the Use the template list, select a trace template on which to base the trace, or select Blank if you do not want to use a template.
Then, how do I view SQL Profiler traces?
Upon opening Profiler, in the menu bar go to Open -> Trace File, as shown in the picture below. The Open File dialog box appears and we need to navigate to the location where the trace file is saved. Choose the trace file and click the Open button on the dialog box.
What is SQL Server Profiler trace data file?
SQL Server Profiler is an interface to create and manage traces and analyze and replay trace results. Events are saved in a trace file that can later be analyzed or used to replay a specific series of steps when trying to diagnose a problem.