How do I set the temperature on my Johnson Controls thermostat?
- Press the center key on the thermostat and hold it for about eight seconds.
- Press the "Up/Down" arrow keys to highlight "Password 0," which is the default password.
- Press the "Mode" key.
- Press the center key and release it repeatedly to scroll through the configuration settings until "Lockout" is displayed.
Click to see full answer
Herein, how do I change the temperature on my Johnson Controls thermostat?
How to Unlock a Johnson Controls Thermostat
- Press and hold the "C/F" button on the front of the thermostat until the configuration menu appears—roughly 8 seconds.
- Tap "C/F" until "Lockout" appears on the screen.
- Press the "Up" or "Down" buttons until "Lockout Level 0" appears on the screen.
- Wait roughly 8 seconds without pressing any buttons.
Also Know, how do you hack a dorm thermostat? Dorm Room Comfort. Some students suggested putting a warm washcloth over the thermostat to trick it into thinking it is warmer in the room. If the room is not warm enough, then aiming a fan at the thermostat will convince it that the room is cooler and then the heat will turn on for you.
Correspondingly, how do Johnson Controls thermostats work?
A Johnson Controls thermostat connects to a building's heating and air conditioning system, and its thermometer detects the building's temperature to control whether the furnace should activate and heat the building, or if the air conditioning should turn on and cool the building.
What is HVAC thermostat?
The furnace thermostat is the nerve center of your home heating system. It's the main control point that determines when and how much heat will be delivered by the furnace. But for all its mystery, the thermostat is actually a very simple device. At its most basic level, it's simply a temperature-sensitive switch.