How do I run a node JS in the background?
- General Steps To Run Node Http Web Server. Create a js file which will start a http web server on special port.
- Make Node JS Server Run At Background. In above method, Node JS server will always occupy the terminal until the terminal is closed.
- Run Node JS Server At Background Continuously With Forever.
Click to see full answer
Beside this, how do I run a process in the background?
Run a Unix process in the background
- To run the count program, which will display the process identification number of the job, enter: count &
- To check the status of your job, enter: jobs.
- To bring a background process to the foreground, enter: fg.
- If you have more than one job suspended in the background, enter: fg %#
Also, how do I run a Linux command in the background? To run a command in the background, type an ampersand (&; a control operator) just before the RETURN that ends the command line. The shell assigns a small number to the job and displays this job number between brackets.
Secondly, how do I run a node JS application as a Windows service?
How to Run Any Node. js Application as a Windows Service with AlwaysUp
- Download and install and configure Node.
- Download and install AlwaysUp, if necessary.
- Start AlwaysUp.
- Select Application > Add to open the Add Application window:
- On the General tab:
What is forever NPM?
forever is a node.js package that is used to keep the server alive even when the server crash/stops. When the node server is stopped because of some error, exception, etc. forever automatically restarts it. From the npmjs https://www.npmjs.com/package/forever.