How do I open a JKS file in Windows?
- From the File menu, choose Open Keystore.
- The Open Keystore dialog will appear.
- Select the folder where the keystore file is stored.
- Click on the required keystore file or type the filename into the File Name text box.
- Click on the Open button.
- The Password for Keystore
Keeping this in consideration, how do I create a JKS file in Windows?
- Create a new keystore: Open a command prompt in the same directory as Java keytool; alternatively, you may specify the full path of keytool in your command.
- Generate a CSR based on the new keystore:
- Answer each question when prompted. Use the chart below to guide you through the process:
Similarly one may ask, how do I open a Cacert file in Windows?
To view the entries in a cacerts file, you can use the keytool utility provided with Sun J2SDK versions 1.4 or later. The following example uses the -list command to display the CA certificates in the cacerts file.
If you need to check the information within a certificate, or Java keystore, use these commands.
- Check a stand-alone certificate keytool -printcert -v -file mydomain.crt.
- Check which certificates are in a Java keystore keytool -list -v -keystore keystore.jks.