How do I merge tables in phpMyAdmin?
Asked By: Garcia Severiche | Last Updated: 16th April, 2020
Category: technology and computing databases
Merging tables, called "joining" in MySQL terms, is done by using the MySQL command interface in phpMyAdmin to create a new table. Identify each of the tables in the different tables that you want to merge. Combine the two tables by running the "CREATE VIEW" command to make a new table.
Simply so, how can I merge two tables in database?
Merge Two Tables
- Run A Select statement to get the rows where the values are not the same.
- Take that result set and insert into a temp table flagging a field exists with a yes/no value.
- If the field exists contains a yes value - run an update query.
- If the field exists contains a no value - run an insert query.
Also Know, how can I fetch data from two tables in MySQL without joining? Solution 1
- SELECT column1, column2, etc FROM table1 UNION SELECT column1, column2, etc FROM table2.
- SELECT table1.Column1, table2.Column1 FROM table1 CROSS JOIN table2 WHERE table.Column1 = 'Some value'
- SELECT table1.Column1, table2.Column2 FROM table1 INNER JOIN table2 ON 1 = 1.
Similarly one may ask, how can I join two tables?
Different types of JOINs
- (INNER) JOIN: Select records that have matching values in both tables.
- LEFT (OUTER) JOIN: Select records from the first (left-most) table with matching right table records.
- RIGHT (OUTER) JOIN: Select records from the second (right-most) table with matching left table records.
How do I display relations in phpMyAdmin?
- Login to phpMyAdmin.
- Navigate to database table whose storage engine you wish to change.
- Click on Operations tab, under Table options you would find drop down called Storage Engine.
- Select Innodb storage engine from the Storage Engine drop down and click on Go button.