How do I edit an epic in Jira?
Also asked, how do I add an existing issue to an epic in Jira?
To add issues from the board and backlog:
- Navigate to your Board or Backlog.
- Hover over the issue and select more (•••).
- Select Add to Epic*. Issues can only belong to one epic at a time. If an issue already belongs to an epic, the Add epic option will be replaced by Change Epic*.
- In the Scrum Process Canvas, click on the work item Manage Epics to open it.
- To perform the step, click on the action artifact User Story Map.
- This opens the User Story Map.
- You may rename General Epic to fit your need.
- Break down the use cases into Epics.
- Name the Epic.
- Repeatedly create the other Epics.
Keeping this in view, how do I change the name of my epic link in Jira?
Add the Epic Name to the Default Issue Type Screen to allow users to edit Epic Name from Epic's Issue page.
- Navigate to Settings -> Issues -> Screen.
- Look for the specific Screen used by the Epic.
- Click "Configure" beside the Screen used by the Epic/
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, search for "Epic Name" and add it.
How to create and edit stories
- Go to Backlog > Epics and select the epic that you want to add the story to.
- Select + next to the Epic name.
- Type the Story name in the field and click Enter.
- Check the story details by hovering the mouse over the name and selecting details.