How do I design a small living room?
- Create space using mirrors.
- Make your own media centre.
- Utilise awkward architectural spaces.
- Hang baskets to provide extra wall storage.
- Add storage near the ceiling.
- Distract with statement pieces.
- Swap your sofa for a snuggler.
Click to see full answer
Similarly, how can I maximize my small living room?
10 Small Living Room Ideas to Maximize Your Space
- Anchor With Art. No matter the size of a room, a common mistake when decorating is choosing a piece of art that is too small for the wall.
- Pack a Punch With Color.
- White It Out.
- Reflect Light With Mirrors.
- Trick the Eye.
- Make It Multipurpose.
- Build in Storage.
- Draw the Eye Up.
Also Know, how do I build a small living room and dining room? 10 Small Living Rooms That Make Space for a Dining Table, Too
- Use the Decor to Carve Out the Space. If there is a will, there is a way.
- Don't Be Afraid to Layer.
- Accent with Art.
- Don't Be Afraid to Block Windows.
- Embrace the Sun Nook.
- Use Compact Chairs.
- Pop It Next to the Stairs.
- Go with L-Shaped Benches.
Beside this, how do I add more seats to my small living room?
Ideas for Adding a Little Extra Seating to Your Small Living Room
- Group low-backed chairs in front of the TV.
- Tuck extra seating under the coffee table.
- Have a coffee table that is extra seating.
- Park stools under a console.
- Embrace the magic of footstools.
- Make your living room do double duty.
Is it OK to put a sofa in front of a window?
Ideal Placement In front of a window: Although you never want to block a window, a sofa placed in front of one can look great as long as the back of the sofa is relatively low. Just be sure to leave a gap of about 10 to 12 inches to give the piece some breathing room and to allow for window treatments.