How do I defrost my LG smart inverter refrigerator?
Click to see full answer
In respect to this, where is the defrost drain on my LG refrigerator?
Defrost drain hole located on the back wall of the freezer, just up from where the floor slopes up to the back, in the center. Plastic panel held in place by a screw. Remove screw and panel, and the drain hole will be visible.
Beside above, how does defrost work in refrigerator? The defrost mechanism in a refrigerator heats the cooling element (evaporator coil) for a short period of time and melts the frost that has formed on it. The resulting water drains through a duct at the back of the unit. Inside the freezer, air is circulated by means of one or more fans.
Likewise, people ask, how do I turn off defrost on my fridge?
How to Reset a Refrigerator Defrost Timer
- Locate the defrost timer.
- Remove the panel that is below the refrigerator doors.
- Remove the rear bottom panel with a Phillips screwdriver or a socket wrench.
- On the front of the defrost timer there will be a circular notch.
- Turn the notch until the refrigerator fan has shut off.
How often does an LG refrigerator defrost?
NOTE: LG refrigerators automatically defrosts every 4-16 hours which should resolve most frost buildup issues. If you don't want to wait you can manually defrost your refrigerator by following the steps below. Unplug the unit and remove all food and ice from the ice bin.