How do I decode a Suzuki VIN number?
Then, how do you read a Suzuki VIN number?
Look at the first three digits of the VIN number, otherwise known as the WIM or the World Manufacturer Identifier. On a Suzuki, you will see J signifying Japan, followed by S for Suzuki and 1 for motorcycle.
Also Know, can I run a VIN number for free? Here's Where to Get a VIN Check for Free! The next time you're buying a used car, there are a variety of services you can use for a completely free VIN (vehicle identification number) check. Just pop in your car's digits and these sites will do the VIN lookup and give you info on the vehicle.
Hereof, how do I decode my motorcycle VIN number?
How to Decode the VIN Number on a Honda Motorcycle
- Locate the 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) printed on the frame of your motorcycle.
- Locate the first character.
- Locate the second character, "H." This represents the name of the manufacturer, Honda.
- Locate the third character.
- Locate the fourth through the eighth characters.
- Locate the ninth character.
How do I check a VIN number on a motorcycle?
The VIN location is generally the same for motorcycles and dirt bikes - on the steering neck - though some are located on the motor near the bottom of the cylinders. Turn the handlebars to the left and look on the right side of the frame where the steering head goes through the frame.