How do I check active sessions in Citrix?
- In the configuration utility, click the Configuration tab and then in the navigation pane, click NetScaler Gateway.
- In the details pane, under Monitor Connections, click Active user sessions.
- View the list of sessions under Sessions.
Beside this, how do I see who is logged into Citrix?
In the Citrix Access Management Console, you can drill down to 'Citrix Access Management Console'> 'Citrix Resources'> Your_Farm_Name> 'Servers'. Once you've clicked here, you should be able to see all open sessions in the right-hand pane.
- Log in to the NetScaler appliance using nsroot credentials.
- Select Configuration > System > Network > TCP/IP connections link.
- Select the Client Server Link Mapping option and click Continue.
- The Client and Server IP addresses are displayed in the Client-Server Connections table.
Secondly, how do I kill a session in Citrix?
Right click on the Citrix Receiver icon that appears in the popup window. Select Connection Center from the list of available options. Select the session you want to close, then click on Disconnect. The session should disappear from the list.
- cd /var/nslog - This is the command to go to a particular directory from NetScaler Shell Prompt.
- tar xvfz newnslog. 100.
- /netscaler/nsconmsg -K newnslog.
- "ls -l"command can be used to check all the logs file and time stamp associated with those files.