How do I change the principal name in Active Directory?
- On the server that Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) runs on, in the Server Manager choose Tools > Active Directory Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Select a user, right-click, and then choose Properties.
- On the Account tab, in the UPN suffix drop-down list, choose the new UPN suffix, and then choose OK.
Also to know is, how do I change a user's name in Active Directory?
Changes in Active Directory:
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Navigate to the Employees Organizational Unit (OU).
- Right-click on the Name of the Employee for the name change and select Rename.
- Rename the Employee.
- Rename User dialog box appears: a. Full Name should be correct. b. First Name should be correct.
Beside above, how do I change the principal name in Office 365? You must be an Office 365 global admin to do these steps.
- In the admin center, go to the Users > Active users page.
- Select the user's name, and then on the Account tab select Manage username.
- In the first box, type the first part of the new email address.
- Select Save changes.
Then, what is the user principal name in Active Directory?
In Windows Active Directory, a User Principal Name (UPN) is the name of a system user in an email address format. A UPN (for example: john.d[email protected]) consists of the user name (logon name), separator (the @ symbol), and domain name (UPN suffix).
How do I change the UPN in Active Directory PowerShell?
To change the UPN, Open PowerShell from the domain controller (use run as administrator) and type the cmdlet below. You can also do a bulk change using a text file with usernames.