How do I change the combination on a 4 digit Master Lock?
- With dials at 0-0-0-0, pull out the shackle.
- Turn shackle counterclockwise 90 degree (1/4 turn)
- Continue pressing shackle down and turn another 90 degree (1/4 turn)
- Set the dials to your own combination.
Click to see full answer
People also ask, how do you change the combination on a 4 digit lock?
HOW TO SET THE FOUR-DIGIT LOck. Turn the number dials until the side of the lock shows “0000" down the center of the red line on the face of the lock. Turn the shackle 180° so that the metal tab lines up with the groove facing the opposite side of the lock. Push the shackle down.
Beside above, how do you reset a master lock when its locked? Steps
- Open the lock using the old combination.
- Insert the reset tool into the shackle hole.
- Turn the reset tool so that the Master logo is facing you.
- Rotate the dial clockwise 3 times to clear the old combination.
- Enter your new combination.
- Remove the reset tool to lock it.
- Write down the combination in a safe place.
Moreover, how do you reset a 4 digit combination lock if you forgot the code?
If you forgot a bike lock combination or the digits to a padlock with a dial, you can try to reset it. Pull on the shackle until you see the wheels turn. When the wheel sticks or catches, move to the next wheel and continue through all the wheels.
Is there a way to reset a combination lock?
Take these steps to reset your lock:
- Pull up the shackle to open the lock.
- Rotate the shackle 90° counterclockwise and press all the way down.
- Hold down the shackle and set your own combination by turning dials.
- Turn the shackle back as normal. The setting is now complete.