How do I become a home inspector in Alabama?
- Complete a minimum of 120 hours of approved home inspector education and participate in 35 home inspections, OR complete a minimum of 35 hours of approved home inspector education and participate in 100 home inspections.
- Pass two exams.
- Draft 25 home inspection reports.
- Have home inspector insurance.
Subsequently, one may also ask, how much does a home inspector make in Alabama?
The average annual salary for a home inspector in the state of Alabama is $70,000 per year. The mean cost of a home inspection in the state is $325, however the cost is dependent on the age and size of the home. Of course, if average is your goal, you won't be self employed for long.
Just so, do Home Inspectors make good money?
To balance out the risks involved, home inspectors earn an average salary of anywhere between $50,000 and $64,000 per year with benefits for home inspectors employed privately or by the government including medical or health insurance, paid annual leave and a retirement plan.
How to Become a Home Inspector: take these 5 steps and work for YOURSELF.
- Build Your Skills.
- Research home inspector license requirements in your state.
- Study up with pre-licensing home inspection classes.
- Get a home inspection certification & get educated.
- Make sure you stay certified by getting Liability/E&O insurance.