How do I apply for general assistance in Alameda County?
Keeping this in consideration, how do you get general assistance?
To be eligible for GA, you must:
- Be a county resident.
- Be age 18 or older, or.
- An emancipated minor, or.
- A child under age 18 who has no means of support. (There are special rules for children.
- Be low-income.
- Be a citizen or have legal immigration status.
- Follow the county rules.
Also, how do I apply for General Assistance in Sacramento? It's Easy to Apply:
- Online at www.mybenefitscalwin.org.
- Call the Sacramento County Department of Human Assistance: (916)874-3100 or (209)744-0499.
- Apply in person at a Sacramento County office.
Also to know is, how do you get general assistance in California?
Financial Assistance for Adults
- General Assistance (GA) Program.
- 24-Hr Automated InfoLine:
- 1-877-96-BENEFITS or.
- Unemployable Recipients.
- GA Payments.
- Vendor Payment for Rent.
- Applying for General Assistance.
How long does it take to get general assistance?
The turnaround time for cash assistance depends on the facts of your case and the time it take program staff to verify your income. One state welfare program provides approved cash assistance within 45 days from the date an application is received.