How do I add a library Android support v7 Appcompat in Android Studio?
Similarly, you may ask, how do I find Android support library version?
To see the current Android Support Library revision number
- Android Studio > Tools > Android > SDK Manager
- Extras > Android Support Library: See the Rev. number e.g. (21.0. 3).
Secondly, how do I update Play Support Library? Enable or Disable Auto-updates for all apps
- Open Google Play Store App on your device.
- Tap on the Menu option on the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on Settings.
- Under General Settings, tap on 'Auto-update' apps. The prompt will display three options here.
Just so, what is the Android support library?
Android - Support Library. The Android Support Library package is a set of code libraries that provide backward-compatible versions of Android framework APIs as well as features that are only available through the library APIs. Each Support Library is backward-compatible to a specific Android API level.
What is AppCompat library?
When new versions of android are published, Google will have to support the older versions of android. So AppCompat is a set of support libraries which can be used to make the apps developed with newer versions work with older versions.