How can I remember the cabinet departments?
Click to see full answer
Moreover, what are the departments in the cabinet?
The Cabinet includes the Vice President and the heads of 15 executive departments — the Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Labor, State, Transportation, Treasury, and Veterans Affairs, as well as the
Also, what are the functions of the 15 cabinet departments? Terms in this set (15)
- State. advises president on foreign policy and negotiates treaties with foreign countries.
- Treasury. produces coins and bills, collects taxes; enforces alcohol, tobacco, and firearm laws; IRS and US mint, Secret Service.
- Defense (war)
- Justice (Attorney General)
In this regard, what are the 15 Cabinet departments Trump?
- 6.1 Secretary of State. 6.1.1 Rex Tillerson.
- 6.2 Secretary of the Treasury. 6.2.1 Steve Mnuchin.
- 6.3 Secretary of Defense. 6.3.1 Jim Mattis.
- 6.4 Attorney General. 6.4.1 Dana Boente and Sally Yates.
- 6.5 Secretary of the Interior.
- 6.6 Secretary of Agriculture.
- 6.7 Secretary of Commerce.
- 6.8 Secretary of Labor.
What were the first Cabinet departments?
President Washington appointed a Cabinet of four people to help and advise him. The first Cabinet included Thomas Jefferson (Secretary of State), Alexander Hamilton (Secretary of the Treasury), Henry Knox (Secretary of War), and Edmund Randolph (Attorney General).