How can I make my filing cabinets look better?
- Spruce it up with chalkboard paint.
- Cover it with wallpaper.
- Brighten it up with contact paper.
- Apply stickers.
- Slap on duct tape.
- Transform it with spray paint.
- Stick some magnets on it.
- Who knew ceiling tiles could be this cool?
In respect to this, how do you disguise a filing cabinet?
Fortunately, there are ways to disguise a metal filing cabinet so it blends with its surroundings and actually adds to the room's look.
- Paint. Applying a coat of paint is one of the easiest ways to disguise an ugly metal filing cabinet.
- Fabric Skirt.
Similarly, how do you paint a metal cabinet to look like wood? How to Paint a Metal Filing Cabinet to Look Like Wood
- Remove all items within the filing cabinet, if any.
- Wipe the cabinet down with a damp sponge to remove dust and cobwebs, including the drawer fronts and edges.
- Open the drawers slightly, or remove them completely if they come out easily.
- Shake the primer/paint can vigorously as recommended on the can instructions.
Also to know is, can you paint a filing cabinet?
Prep the Filing Cabinet Run a piece of 220 or 320-grit sandpaper over the filing cabinet to make sure the surface is ready to accept the new paint. New paint actually sticks to lightly sanded existing paint better than it does to a spray-on primer or to bare metal.
What can I use instead of a filing cabinet?
Get creative and spice things up in your home office without sacrificing your clutter-free space by replacing your drab bulky filing cabinet with any of these alternatives.
- Storage Trunks.
- Desk Drawers.
- Plastic Storage Containers.