How can I buy a boat?
- Decide which type of boat is right for you.
- Do your research - find out which models fit your needs.
- Decide on your budget, find the right boat, check ownership.
- Take a look, a test sail, check the details.
- Make an offer.
- Undertake a survey.
- Arrange insurance and storage.
Correspondingly, is it a good idea to buy a boat?
Having a boat can be a great investment for you. However, if you don't live as close to the water, you may not be able to use the boat as often. If you don't have enough free time to properly enjoy your boat, you should definitely think about renting a boat instead of buying one if that's the case.
- Bowrider – Four Winns Horizon F190. WE LIKE the fact that while Four Winns keeps cost down in this entry level model, it maintains the construction quality level of their other model lines.
- Center Console – Bayliner Element F18.
- Jet Boat – Yamaha SX210.
- Pontoon Boat – Escape RT 220.
Secondly, where is the best place to buy a boat?
2. Craigslist, Kijiji and magazine classifieds. Without a doubt, the best place to buy used boats online is in the wilds of Kijiji, Craigslist, and the classifieds. We have found many boats for sale on Craigslist that never appeared anywhere else online, but there are a few secrets to scoping out the very best deals.
With used boats, you essentially have to take what's available. You will, in most cases, pay more for your new boat than if you were to buy a comparable used boat. You'll also have to assume most of the value depreciation, although if you buy a high-quality boat like a Scout your depreciation could be less.