Does acetone remove fabric color?
Also to know is, will nail polish remover discolor fabric?
“Don't rub, but gently dab the nail polish stain with a clean white cloth. Check if the fabric contains acetate, triacetate or modacrylic. If so, don't attempt to use an acetone nail polish remover as the acetone in it will deteriorate the fabric. Instead, opt for non-acetone nail polish remover for these fabrics."
Secondly, what will take nail polish remover out of clothes?
Chemical solvents and supplies
- Mix one tablespoon of liquid dishwashing detergent with two cups of warm water.
- Sponge the stain with the detergent solution.
- Blot until the liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until the stain disappears.
- Sponge with cold water and blot dry.
The compound serves as a typical building block in the field of organic chemistry, but has numerous other purposes throughout the world. Companies apply acetone cleaner to thin polyester resin, dissolve superglue, and as a heavy duty degreaser. It is also added as a volatile component in certain paints or varnishes.