Do Fel Pro Gaskets need sealant?
In this regard, do intake gaskets need sealant?
Equally important, the intake manifold and head surfaces must be clean (no grease, oil or coolant film) and dry. RTV, other sealants or adhesives should not be used around the coolant or intake ports on carrier-style gaskets. New intake manifold bolts are recommended.
In this way, are Fel Pro Gaskets any good?
Yes they are good quality. I've used a Fel-Pro stock type head gasket in my Civic twice with no problem. Once when the original gasket blew, second time I needed to remove head and replace a burnt valve.
The Best Gasket Sealer
- ATP Automotive Re-Seal Stops Leaks.
- Permatex 81160 High-Temp Red Silicone Gasket.
- BlueDevil Products Head Gasket Sealer.
- 3M Ultrapro Black High Temp Silicone Gasket Tube.
- Permatex 80019 Aviation Form-A-Gasket No.
- Gasgacinch 440-A Gasket Sealer and Belt Dressing.
- Edelbrock 9300 Gasgacinch Gasket Sealer.