Do arrowhead plants bloom?
In respect to this, does arrowhead plant have flowers?
Distinguishing Features. This aquatic plant is quite distinctive with arrowhead-shaped emergent leaves. It blooms mid to late summer with white, 3-petalled showy flowers, usually growing in whorls of three.
Subsequently, question is, what does an arrowhead plant look like? The leaves change shape as the plant matures, beginning as an arrowhead shape, and then changing into three to five finger-like sections. Leaves are generally green in color but there are many varieties that include variegated leaves of differing shades. The arrowhead plant will tolerate low light levels on occasion.
Also question is, how do you care for an arrowhead plant?
- Light: Give your plant bright light but no direct sun.
- Water: Spray frequently to maintain high humidity.
- Temperature: Arrowhead vine prefers warm and humid conditions.
- Soil: Plant in a rich, well-drained potting mix.
- Fertilizer: Feed regularly with liquid fertilizer throughout the growing season.
How do you prune an arrowhead plant?
Prune an arrowhead plant by cutting the long vines of the plant to within 6-8 inches of the soil line. Shortening the long vines helps the plant become full and bushy. You should also pinch off the growing tips a few times a year.