Did they really play Fortunate Son in Vietnam?
Herein, why did they play Fortunate Son in Vietnam?
'Fortunate Son' Is An Anti-Establishment Anthem Released in 1969, at the peak of anger over America's involvement in the Vietnam War, “Fortunate Son” acted as a harsh reminder of the injustice of the military's draft program for everyone who was affected.
Also, did John Fogerty serve in Vietnam? John Fogerty - Like his famous Creedence Clearwater Revival song suggests, Fogerty was not a "fortunate son". In fact, he was drafted to serve in the Vietnam War. He was able to avoid deployment by registering in the Army Reserve and later had a short stint in the United States Coast Guard. 4.
Also Know, what song is played in every Vietnam movie?
Creedence Clearwater Revival - vietnam war song.
What did soldiers listen to in Vietnam?
Songs Vietnam Veterans Remember Most
- Green Green Grass of Home by Porter Wagoner. (1965; No.
- Chain of Fools by Aretha Franklin.
- The Letter by The Box Tops.
- 7. (
- Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR)
- Purple Haze by Jim Hendrix Experience.
- Detroit City by Bobby Bare.
- Leaving on a Jet Plane by Peter, Paul and Mary.