Can you let towels air dry?
Considering this, how do you air dry towels?
Towels: Pin by the corners for a clothesline, or fold evenly over a drying rack. Either way, they will dry faster if you flip them once the top feels dry, but the bottom is still damp.
- Add a cup of white vinegar to your wash cycle to help dissolve the laundry detergent.
- Cut the amount of detergent that you use.
- Run your clothes in the dryer for 10 minutes, before putting them out on the line.
- Shake out your clothes before hanging them.
- Hang your clothes out on a windy day.
In this way, should you air dry towels?
Hang towels up to dry after each use. Even if you only used a towel lightly, you should hang it up to dry in an area with good air flow, away from steam. Do not hang one towel over another if either of them are still damp. Each towel needs to be fully exposed to air for proper drying.
It will take a medium-thick towel about 3–4 hours to crisp-dry in a sunny place outdoors with a gentle wind. In strong wind with low humidity, a similar towel would take twice as long as the above - when hanging single fold on a clothes line.