Are protein shakes good for a liquid diet?
Also, how do you get protein on a liquid diet?
Protein Liquid Meal Plan:
- At 3 of your meals, select 1 item from the following Protein Food List (serving size ¼ - ½ cup):
- Soup. 98% fat-free condensed cream soups; prepare w/ fat-free or.
- Broth. with 1 scoop unflavored protein powder.
- Milk. fat-free or 1%
- Soymilk. plain or vanilla.
- Lactaid milk. fat-free or 1%
- Greek yogurt.
Likewise, how do protein shakes help you lose weight? A typical protein shake diet will replace one or two meals per day with a pre-purchased shake or one you prepare yourself using a soy-based or whey protein powder and some form of liquid. Many dieters use water because it doesn't add calories, but you can also use milk or juice.
Simply so, how much weight can you lose in a week on a liquid diet?
The liquid formula was the only source of calories for 6–10 weeks, followed by a 9-month weight loss maintenance period. After one year, those using the liquid formula lost 25 pounds (11.4 kg), which was more than those who ate solid foods.
Are smoothies good for a liquid diet?
The full liquid diet allows you to have clear fluids as well as thicker ones, such as milk, fruit juice, shakes, and smoothies. Your doctor may give you permission to have other foods, such as strained purées or yogurt.