Are All Saints Day and All Souls Day holy days of obligation?
Just so, is All Souls Day a Holy Day of Obligation?
All Saints' Day is considered to be a Catholic Holy Day of Obligation, meaning Catholics are required to attend mass.
Similarly, is All Saints Day a Holy Day of Obligation in 2019? All Saints Day is classified as a Holy Day of Obligation. However, when it falls on a Saturday or a Monday, the obligation to attend Mass is abrogated. All Saints Day will again be on a Monday in 2022 and on a Saturday in 2025; and once again, Catholics will be excused from Mass on those days, if they wish.
Just so, what are the holy days of obligation in 2019?
2019 Holy Days of Obligation
- Monday, January 1: Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God.
- Sunday, June 2: Ascension of Jesus.
- Wednesday, August 15: Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Thursday, November 1: All Saints Day.
- Saturday, December 7: Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception.
- Wednesday, December 25:
When did all Saints day become a holy day of obligation?